TFP will be exhibiting our innovative nonwoven solutions for advanced composites at China Composite Expo, ShangHai from 12-14th September.
We will be joined by our exclusive agents in China, BluDot Asia to display our multifunctional materials that are designed to fulfil a wide range of applications in advanced composites; improving performance, properties and fabrication:
- They are extensively used to provide a high quality resin rich surface finish, in aerospace, automotive and sporting goods industries. The veils exceptionally even fibre distribution makes them ideal for producing smooth surfaces and ensuring an even resin uptake and distribution. A layer of heavier weight Optimat® nonwoven can further reduce print through from the underlying reinforcement fabric if interleaved between the fabric layers close to the surface.
- Furthermore, our nonwovens simultaneously impart surface functionalities like EMI shielding, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, electrical conductivity and static dissipation; increasing the performance of the composite structure.
Other key performance and property enhancements include:
- Interleaving our thermoplastic veils between reinforcement layers to improve the interlaminar fracture toughness of mode-I and mode-II by up to 400%, whilst adding minimal weight to the final composite part.
- Providing a lightweight, effective carrier or support for adhesive films to ensure a defined and consistent film thickness, whilst improving handling and resilience.
- Preventing the electrochemical reaction that causes galvanic corrosion, by using our dielectric nonwovens as an electrically isolating layer between dissimilar conductive materials, such as carbon composite and metal.
- Acting as a resin flow medium to provide enhanced resin transportation in both interlaminar and surface regions. Optiveil® & Optimat® remove the need to use additional flow media and ultimately lower resin usage and scrap.
- Delivering highly effective ‘built-in’ passive fire protection at the surface of a composite. Tecnofire® protects underlying composite structures from fire and improves the fire smoke toxicity (FST) without the structural compromises or time consuming application associated with alternative technologies.
To see the full range of advanced nonwovens on offer, find out more about TFP’s Optiveil® and Tecnofire® materials or to discuss possible solutions to your technical challenge join us at the China Composites Expo.
Find out about the event here: Index (chinacompositesexpo.com)