TFP will be exhibiting our nonwoven solutions for advanced composites at the International Composites Summit (ICS), in Milton Keynes from 4-5 September.
Visit the TFP team where we will be presenting our materials specifically designed for use within composites. Constituting the lightest and broadest range of wet-laid nonwovens in the world, TFP's nonwovens fulfil several functions in advanced composite structures, including:
- Enabling a high quality, resin rich surface finish.
- Imparting surface functionalities such as EMI shielding, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, electrical conductivity and static dissipation.
- Providing a lightweight, effective carrier or support for adhesive films & fragile materials. The veil ensures a defined and consistent film thickness whilst improving handling and resilience.
- Delivering highly effective, integrated fire protection at the surface of a composite without compromising the integrity of the structure.
- Increasing the mode-I and mode-II interlaminar fracture toughness of a composite structure by up to 400%!
- Acting as a resin flow medium to provide enhanced resin transportation in both interlaminar and surface regions. Optiveil® & Optimat® remove the need to use additional flow media resulting in lower resin usage and scrap.
- Preventing the electrochemical reaction, that causes galvanic corrosion. Our dielectic nonwovens to provide an electrically isolating layer between dissimilar conductive materials.
We also specialise in developing or adapting materials to meet customer specific performance, processing and aesthetic requirements. Made possible through our extensive product development capabilities, ranging from proof of concept lab work and trials to full-scale manufacturing, to converting via lamination and nanocoating. Come and talk to us to find out more about TFP’s capabilities and explore how our materials can help deliver a solution to your technical challenge.
Discover more about the show at: International Composites Summit 2023